- the rapid and extensive discoloration, wilting, and death of plant tissues.
- a disease so characterized.
3. the state or result of being blighted or deteriorated; dilapidation; decay: urban blight.verb (used with object)
4. to cause to wither or decay; blast: Frost blighted the crops.
5. to destroy; ruin; frustrate: Illness blighted his hopes.verb (used without object)
6. to suffer blight.
Expand British Dictionary definitions for blight Expand blight /blaɪt/ noun
1. any plant disease characterized by withering and shrivelling without rotting See also potato blight 2. any factor, such as bacterial attack or air pollution, that causes the symptoms of blight in plants 3. a person or thing that mars or prevents growth, improvement, or prosperity 4. an ugly urban district 5. the state or condition of being blighted or spoilt verb
6. to cause or suffer a blight
7. (transitive) to frustrate or disappoint